Ministerial Decree No: 16-01806/L/MINESUP/DDES/ESUP/SDA/OPC of February 26th, 2016, which gave BUIB the onus to run three schools – the School of Health Sciences (her mother entity), the School of Education and the School of Management Sciences. Courses run from HND to Bachelors in the various schools. Hence, our graduates can work anywhere in the world with their diplomas and certificates signed by the respective ministries outlined above.
- BACKGROUND HISTORY
Situated on the gentle slopes of Mount Cameroon in Buea, the town of Legendary Hospitality, Biaka is a citadel of learning to reckon with. It provides a conducive and enabling environment for learning, with the best professionals you can find in Cameroon on her teaching staff bench.
In 1998, St. Francis School of Nursing and Midwifery was opened as a training school for nurses and in the same year, Dr. Lawrence Francis Tonye Biaka was awarded a Fellowship by the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of England. The growing complex saw continuous growth and expansion with the opening of St. Francis Higher Institute of Nursing and Midwifery in 2007 and St. Francis School of Health Sciences in 2010. Today, a legacy and dream come true has been touched with the hopes of the best is yet to come. All the St. Francis schools have been upgraded to Biaka University Institute of Buea (BUIB), mentored by the University of Buea. This upgrade gave BUIB the onus to run three schools- Health Sciences, Education and Management Sciences. Courses offered run from HND to Bachelors in the various schools.
- MOTTO: Knowledge and Service to Humanity. BUIB: “The Audacity to Be Different” – slogan
We pride ourselves in the ideals of building standard professionals adaptable to global trends. Our vision is that of a world where men and women can pursue academic, research and professional excellence in a peaceful environment that upholds our cultural diversity and heritage. We seek to provide specialized vocational skills linked to professional body requirements and labour market needs where appropriate, with a strong work related emphasis.
- Empower individuals to achieve maximum capacity through the provision of quality education at all levels.
- Equip students with specific professional, entrepreneurial and technological skills needed to meet the challenges of the world and their changing needs.
- Promote excellence in diversity, gender equality and create opportunities that will yield practical results and encourage self-reliance.
- Recognize the value of cultural diversity and pave the way for intercultural communication that will enhance human socio-economic development.
- Advance ethical and moral practice in educational, professional and civic life.
Our approach to teaching and learning recognizes the individual needs of the student within the broad context of the curriculum aims with a holistic focus on the learner.
Our methods are based on enquiry based learning and other student centered approaches which enable learners to not only develop their cognitive and psychomotor skills, but also communication, problem solving, leadership and independent learning skills.
We have a dedicated team of professional and support staff at your service. Our educators are both experienced and academically trained individuals with a passion for their jobs. Our support staff is welcoming and ready to assist you with your personal and study needs. Together in their different capacities; they are wholly dedicated to your personal and professional development.